Major items this week:
- Abstracts for the first Formative Design in Learning Symposium are due March 30, 2017. See below for more information.
- Chapter proposals for Chuck Hodges upcoming book are due today, February 28, 2017.
- The Society for Information Technology in Education (SITE) conference begins at the end of this week on Sunday, running March 5-9, 2017 in Austin, Texas, USA.
- Registration for the AERA 2017 Annual Meeting taking place April 27-May 1 is now open and announcements of dates and times for presentations will come soon.
- AERA is accepting proposals for education conferences through March 7 (next Tuesday) and voting for officers in that organization runs through March 2.
- AERA has a call for Applications – AERA-SRCD Early Career Fellowship in Early Childhood Education and Development with a March 15, 2017 Deadline.
- AACE’s E-LEARN conference proposals are now open and due June 10, 2017.
We hope you have a nice week.
ITFORUM News and Upcoming Events
If you are interested in having a paper up for discussion this month or next, please contact Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AECT News and Upcoming Events
- 2017 AECT Design and Development Competition
The Design and Development Division of AECT is pleased to announce the 2017 AECT Design and Development Competition for promising instructional design research by graduate students working with mentors in the Design and Development Division. AECT is specifically interested in promoting collaboration and mentoring within the professional community.
The goals for this award are to:
- improve the professional practice of design and development in adult learning and performance-improvement settings;
- promote collaboration among students, faculty, and practitioners;
- mentor promising students by leaders outside their home institutions; and,
- recognize innovative design-and-development approaches to adult learning and performance-improvement problems.
2016 AECT D&D Competition Informational Webinar (Archive link)
- ITEC 2017: International Teacher Education Conference and International Educational Technology Conference
September 16-18, 2017
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
The International Teacher Education Conference aims to provide a multinational platform where the latest trends in education can be presented and discussed in a friendly environment with the aim to learn from each other. Prospective presenters are encouraged to submit proposals for papers and posters/demonstrations that offer new research or theoretical contributions. Presentations should be in Turkish and English.
ITEC 2017 conference is supported by Sakarya University and TASET and will take place at Harvard University Faculty Club in Cambridge, MA, USA, September 6-8, 2017. Furthermore, if the presenter is unable to attend the oral presentation, video presentations are available. For further information on how to submit, please refer to the Paper Submission section on our website. For paper guidelines, please refer to the Paper Guidelines section.
Selected papers will be published in TOJET. TOJET is indexed in ERIC and SCOPUS.
- Call for papers for the 1stFormative Design in Learning Symposium (AECT 2017)
Abstracts Deadline: March 30, 2017
The symposium will be held in Jacksonville, FL on July 22-23, 2017 in conjunction with the regular AECT Summer Leadership Meetings. It will begin the morning of July 22, 2016 and end at the end of day on July 23, 2017. The goal of the symposium is to gather together participants who are interested in a shared peer review process of their submissions to the journal. While the target audience is emerging scholars and graduate students, the intent is for anyone who has a potential submission and wishes to share their research, participate in a real dialogue and deep discussions about their selected topic, and receive some valuable input to help increase their chances for it to be published in the journal. Participants are encouraged to collaborate on their proposals with scholar/mentors who are also encouraged to attend. Click here for more information and submissions.
Other Conference Opportunities
- Call for Proposals: EdMedia in Washington, DC – June 21-23, 2017
This annual conference serves as a multi-disciplinary forum for the discussion and exchange of information on the research, development, and applications on all topics related to multimedia, hypermedia and telecommunications/distance education.
EdMedia, the premiere international conference in the field, spans all disciplines and levels of education and is expected to attracts many leaders in the field from 70+ countries around the world.
Let us know if you have any edited books, special issues, or other opportunities for the membership to publish!
- Call for Chapter Proposals – Due TODAY
Self-efficacy in Instructional Technology Contexts to be published by Springer and edited by Charles B. Hodges.
If you are interested in contributing to this volume, email Charles B. Hodges (email@example.com with a 1-page proposal of your proposed chapter no later than February 28, 2017. For more information, click on the following link: https://goo.gl/Z5BQio
If you have courses, webinars, or other educational opportunities of interest, please submit them to the Forum and they will be included in the weekly email.
None at this time. When we find something, we will post it. Let us know if you see anything. As things come up during the week, we will forward if they seem directly relevant.